Charles Brown Managing Partner
“I work so that our clients will say that at a difficult time in their life, we were there to fight for them.” – Charles Brown
Professional Life and Practice
Charles Brown is a nationally recognized medical malpractice attorney who fights for the rights of clients whose lives have been impacted by the negligence of medical providers. As Managing Partner of Brown Wharton & Brothers, Charles has proven his ability to lead a team of attorneys in one of the most demanding fields of personal injury law. While Charles believes that the success of BWB and the reputation the firm has built among peers and clients is his greatest professional accomplishment, the results the firm has obtained for its clients fills him with pride.
Medical malpractice cases are complex, and Charles has dedicated his years of legal practice to standing up against the negligence, malice, and manipulation of doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare providers. His skills and experience are evident in his track record for settling cases that other firms wouldn’t take and winning significant verdicts when the defendant’s wouldn’t make reasonable settlement offers.
Charles is consistently complimented for his ability to investigate legal matters, make important decisions, and remaining honest and open with his clients. He believes in the power of the judicial system, and works hard to help his clients understand the legal process and make sense of a difficult time in their lives. No matter what the situation may be, Charles is passionate about finding answers that will help his clients move forward.
Charles graduated from Baylor Law School and has been practicing medical malpractice law since 2000. He also serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Houston Law Center. Charles does not believe that education alone led him to where he is today, but rather that the culmination of his education, experiences, and life choices have given him the tools to successfully run the firm for the benefit of its clients and employees.
As a husband, father of two sons, and active community member, Charles has worked hard to build a foundation that will carry his family into a future that is strong and secure. When he is not at work, Charles enjoys cooking, is an avid runner, and is involved in several charitable organizations including founding the PTO and serving on the Board of Trustees for St. Stephen’s Episcopal School. Also, he is working to train the next generation of trial lawyers by coaching the school’s mock trial team.
Awards & Recognition
Charles Brown has been recognized as a leading plaintiffs' medical malpractice attorney by dozens of national organizations. Some of the most recent awards include:
- Largest Nursing Home Verdict in America for 2014 - Verdict Search
- Top 1% Trial Counsel, Medical Malpractice – MedicalMalpracticeLawyers.org Ratings
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – National Trial Lawyers Association
- Largest Nursing Home Verdict – Texas, VerdictSearch – Lead Attorney
- $2,000,000+ Verdict Member – Elite Lawyers of America
- Top 10 Largest Medical Malpractice Verdicts – Texas, VerdictSearch – Lead Attorney
- Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 Years Old – National Trial Lawyers Association
- SuperLawyers, Rising Star – A Thompson Reuters Company
- Top Attorneys: Plaintiff’s Medical Malpractice – American Registry
- Nominated as one of Houston's Top Lawyers – H Texas magazine
- Top 100 Verdicts of 2014 – National Law Journal – Lead Attorney
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation