What happens if you or someone you love is the victim of a medical mistake or surgical error? Medical mistakes and surgical errors are a far more common problem than any of us could ever imagine.
What can you do? First, you need to understand this: you have rights. Healthcare professionals have a legal responsibility to provide care as is expected and required by the medical community. If your medical professional or healthcare provider has not met this standard of care, then you may possible have a medical negligence claim.
Victims of medical mistakes and surgical errors face a lifetime of challenges that include emotional distress, the inability to return to a comparable quality of life, as well as what seems to be an ever-growing mountain of expenses that can lead to financial unrest.
Most Common Medical Mistakes or Surgical Errors
While the types of medical mistakes and surgical errors spread across a very broad definition and can range wildly in severity, these are the most commonly reported:
- Improper prescription dosing or administration resulting in adverse events, including death
- Pharmacy Errors and/or Malpractice
- Injuries from falls or immobility while under the care of a healthcare professional
- Injuries to children during labor and delivery
- Failure to diagnose or treat an illness resulting in long term damage
- Improper care resulting in bedsores or pressure ulcers
- Performing surgery on the wrong body part
- Improper care and treatment of surgical wound resulting in infections at surgical site
- Retained objects or leaving foreign objects in the body after surgery
Fighting for your rights will not be easy. You are facing some of the biggest companies in the world that have entire legal teams with what seems like hundreds of lawyers and insurance adjusters on their side. The fight is complicated and stressful, particularly in states that have enacted laws aimed to protect healthcare workers and minimize their responsibilities. You need an attorney that is experienced and has a proven track record of winning cases like yours.
At MedMalFirm.com, we are ready to help fight for you and your family. We have years of experience handling cases like surgical errors throughout the United States. We will review your case at no cost to you.
You cannot afford to wait any longer. Contact our office today by simply filling out the contact form, or by calling 877-887-4850. We will help you understand your rights and work with you to hold those responsible for your situation accountable.