Professional Life and Practice
Bonnie is a passionate medical malpractice lawyer who enjoys advocating for her clients. She began her career in her home state of Louisiana, working medical malpractice and personal injury cases before moving to Houston. Bonnie has been litigating cases both for and against insurance companies since she began practicing. As staff counsel at one of the nation’s largest insurance companies, she gained a the unique experience of fighting for her clients as an insurance subrogation litigator. This led Bonnie to gain perspective on complicated insurance issues and how insurance companies operate during both the claims and litigation process. Bonnie has used her experience in the courtroom at trial and in mediation to get results for her clients. Bonnie practices in both Texas and Louisiana.
Bonnie decided to become a lawyer as a teenager, when she learned about some of the laws which affect people around the country. Determined to help those who needed it the most, Bonnie not only became a lawyer, but gives back to the community through her favorite charities and organizations – the Texas Children’s Hospital, the Houston Food Bank, and the Houston SPCA. Bonnie also does pro bono work with KIND (Kids in Need of Defense), where she represents unaccompanied minors seeking asylum in the United States.
Away from work, Bonnie spends her free time with her husband, two sons, and dog. Her favorite pastime is traveling, and she does so as often as she can to experience new places with her loved ones.
- Member of the Harris County Democratic Lawyers Association
- Member of the Louisiana Association for Justice
- Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2018 and 2019
- Admitted to practice in the State of Texas
- Admitted to practice in the State of Louisiana
- Admitted to practice in the Southern District of Texas
- Admitted to practice in the Eastern District of Texas
- Admitted to practice in the Louisiana Middle Bankruptcy Court